Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Changes Make Me Nervous

So there have been some pretty big changes that have occurred in the past week. 1, I got a new job!!!!! and 2, we are moving.....up to my parents cabin.

I am really excited about my new job. I will be getting paid a little bit more and I will be working with some fun girls and right next door to my husband! Hopefully I will be able to learn my responsibilities quickly and will be able to jump right in and not make one mistake. Yeah right. I hate starting new jobs, even though its the best thing for me right now and a better job. I just get super stressed and when I am stressed I am not a very fun person to be around. So, hopefully this transition will go well and I won't be too dramatic about it.

Now whenever we have talked to others about living up at the cabin they act like we would be crazy not to. Even though it may seem like a dream house to live in, believe me there are some huge downsides too. The commute (running quick errands will no longer be an option), the winters driving the canyon, living with my parents at times, being isolated from everyone else, possibly having to switch wards, moving AGAIN etc etc. Now i'm trying to stay positive and think of how we are SO lucky to have such a great place to live and how we can save so much while we are there. And i'm going to try my best at keeping that mind set. But for now, i'm a little nervous.

I also have to teach my young womens lesson on Sunday which is just another thing I can freak out about. Wow.....I really need to get a grip.

ta ta for now!

13 comments:

blah, blah by lindsey said...

You will be awesome at your new job!! We are such a quick learner and from what you told me they really wanted you, that has got to make you feel good. Plus you will be around other people. I am so excited for you!! Don't worry about the move it will be better than you think. And M&D are only up there every other weekend with the football games coming up so you won't see them too much ;)

Alifinale said...

How exciting! Congrats on the new job. I hate starting new jobs too, but it gets better fast especially if you have fun co-workers. Good luck!

How great that you will be able to live at the cabin. The only downside I see is that you will have trouble moving away from such a nice place! I am sure lots of people will want to visit you so you won't be too isolated.

Brooke and Brett Martin said...

jill-what's up girl!! okay i have some crazy memories with you and being at your house! and i believe stocking luke dabionca??? hahahaa- amy abernethy would sure get a kick out of this. she needs to start a blog. so fun to see your new pics. good luck on your job-

Brooke and Brett Martin said...

YOU HAVE MY LOL- you seriously need to remind me of the flyers on amy????? i BARELY have recollection!

Brooke and Brett Martin said...

OOOOOH MY GOSH JILL- i can't even tell you how much i DO NOT REMEMBER!!! so I was the one that did it to amy??? I'M SOOOO BLANK!!!!! i remember absolutely NOTHING from hs- is that crazy or what???! okay i wish i had your number so you could give me details. i have NO idea. and i'm being 100% honest. would i dare ever ask amy about it if i saw her around town? or was it so bad that it'd just be awkward??

Brooke and Brett Martin said...

LOL! okay well first off-you have your head on straight. we most definately ARE the funnest girls from mvt. also- i have no way of contacting amy- do you? email? phone?
i'm excited for you and your new job-
let's all meet up when you're in town.
okay-off to take taylint o meet her new teacher! YIKES!!

Jenny said...

Is it wrong to wonder where Brooke is going to live?
On moving, it won't be too bad..and if you do have to switch wards it will only take like a year to really get to know people in your ward..no big deal, right?

Jill said...

Brooke will be our new "roomie".

MegTyandLandri said...

Good Luck! I hate change too. I do everything I can to not think to much about it. Hey I love your page it looks so cute you have to tell me how you did it! Good luck with everything!

ness said...

try teaching a relief society who all have about 30+ years on you. and half of them practically have phd's.

Jill said...

Vanessa, don't try and steal my thunder.

seriously though, did they make your a RS teacher?? i think i would kill myself. i can barely stand up in front of 8, 17 yr old girls.

Marc said...

But on the plus side... you're just around the corner from the Owl bar.

juliette said...

I can't believe you are moving in to the cabin! Get out the balaclava! Rachel just set up a blog for me- so go visit and make fun of how blah it is. I really don't think it will last because I don't know how to do anything. Good luck with the move!