Thursday, October 02, 2008

OMG I'm In NYC

I have been here in NY now for about 2 weeks! We are pretty much moved in to our cozy little apt and now I just need to hang a few pictures so I can feel right at home! My mom flew out here with me to help with Wyatt on the plane and to also help get us settled. It was so nice, we got a ton done while she was here. We went to Costco and spent a depressing amount of money on a months worth of food and IKEA to buy some furniture for our apt! And can I just say it is awesome having a baby here! Everytime I ride the bus or subway, someone gives up their seat, or offers to carry my things. And I swear people have never seen a baby here. I guess I am just used to living in UT where babies are a dime a dozen. Here you walk down the street and everyone stops you to see the baby! And then they say "Ohhhh God Bless." Its awesome. Way to go Wyatt, you are a star. And some lady stopped me on the street while I was carrying Wyatt and said "are you almost 16?" Really lady? Do I look almost 16? Close, you are just about 10 years off. But I'm sure that is what people think when they look at me carrying a baby. Kids having kids, what is this world coming to?

Sean is super busy with school and so while he is gone all day, Wyatt and I get to hang out! Yesterday I thought I would go on a little walk and see our neighborhood. If you just walk a few blocks there are lots of shops and places to eat. And I "accidentally" stumbled upon a Pink Berry. I had never been there but had heard it was really good. So Wyatt and I shared one. And by shared one I mean I ate it and he will get to sample some later. We will definatley be going back, it was sooooooo good.


And I will post some pictures of our apt soon Heidi!

7 comments:

{lizzythebotanist} said...

it's about time! sounds like things are good-i'm so glad. NYC can be a shocking place when coming from the west, but i bet having a baby eases things (like people being rude & in a hurry). i hadn't even thought of that. and isnt' pinkberry SO GOOD! we have red mango here, which is pretty dang close. mmmm, maybe we'll have to go for lunch today. can't wait to see pics of the pad!

Beeta said...

We did the exact same thing when we got to Oregon-spent a depressing amount at Ikea and Costco (but remember, those place really SAVE you money in the end)-yeah right! People think I'm 16 too. I've already had 3 pretty funny situations happen because people think I'm too young to be a speech therapist. Have you met any cool people/friends out there? That was so thoughtful of you to share your pink berry with Wyatt. Miss you guys! Keep the posts coming!

Alifinale said...

Looks like Anderson's are your biggest fans! So happy to hear you are reunited with your honey and you have a pink berry close. I love when strangers admire your kid, it is always a good pick-me-up. Can't wait to see pics.

savvy said...

wow i can't believe you are in new york! I'm glad you like it. You should post some pictures!

Jenny said...

Having a baby in the city is the best! It's so convenient for getting a seat on the subway. Oddly enough being pregnant does not get you a seat on the subway.

Glad you are here! You can come by and visit any time. It's just a quick subway ride.

I think you should post some pictures of your apartment. I'm dying to see it and don't think I'll be leaving my house for awhile!

MegTyandLandri said...

I am so glad that you are all settled in NYC. How fun! It is the same way with babies in San Francisco. Where the women here start beginning to think about having babies at 35. Don't worry I look 16 too! It is a compliment because think of how good you'll look at 40!

Tiffany said...

I still can't believe you live in NYC. That is totally crazy! But I'm glad you are settling in and liking it.