Thursday, January 15, 2009

Martha

Has done it again.


I got this cook book for Christmas and I love it. It has just about every different type of cookie out there in it. And they are organized into categories like, "light and delicate", "soft and chewy", "crumbly and sandy", "chunky and nutty", "cakey and tender", "crisp and crunchy" and last but not least "rich and dense".

Today I was feeling like some chocolate chip cookies. I like mine "cakey" so I new right where to look. They turned out perfect. But don't worry, if you prefer your chocolate chip cookies "soft and chewy" or "crisp and crunchy", she has you covered. Not only does the book give you great tips (for example, incorporating less butter and brown sugar into the batter yields cookies that are thicker and fluffier. Who knew?!), there are pictures of EACH recipe in the book! Which I LOVE. Yes Martha, I do want to know what my finished product is going to look like, thank you. As you can tell, I really like this book. Thanks Mom.

Ps. I want to get this book as well:


Apparently most of the recipes have less than 8 ingredients. If you are interested, you can buy both of these books together on Amazon for a discounted price. Just thought you might want to know.

Happy cooking.

12 comments:

Sammy Pow said...

I hate cooking, but you are nice.

xoxo

BA

juliette said...

Thanks for the tip, I'm on my way to Amazon-later!

k. said...

As of I need to eat MORE cookies.

Yum. :)

Your new header is SO cute. Good job. I especially love L #2. Darling.

Jill said...

Thanks Kathryn for the cute idea! I could not have done it without you!

Tiffany said...

ok that cookie cookbook sounds totally awesome!

Team Candland said...

Jill, i am your cousin Mike Candland's wife! I can't believe we haven't touched base as we just moved 10 miles away from nyc. i was at the taping of the martha stewart show yesterday and went by myself because i have no friends here yet! (except of course for mike and our girl reagan...but mike wouldn't go and reagan is too young!) so anyway, we are a bus and a subway ride away (i refuse to drive into the city...and i am not a train/cab girl yet!) so lets get together soon!!

Sue
teamcandland.blogspot.com

Team Candland said...

we are in wood ridge, new jersey. we came out here in november because mike was supposed to start working and it was pushed back to "any day now". can you believe this weather? i guess this is what winter is! our email is mikeandsue_29@msn.com. hope to hear from you soon!

Sue

{lizzythebotanist} said...

cute new header! sorry about the viral site referral...never again!

Sine family said...

I think you'll have to prove that those cookies really are good by bringing some by my house. :)

Robyn said...

a cookbook is only as good as the chef cooking, and you are amazing jill. perhaps we should have a cookie contest when you next come. I love the new look for your blog.

Kjohnson said...

are you sick or what? did you get full on sick or are you feeling better? I need to know these things Jill.

Stizz said...

I'm like you, I like pictures for every recipe...that's another reason I bought "Great Food Fast". I'll have to check out the cookie book too. Another book that has pictures for every recipe is "Eating for Life" plus it's healthy. :)