Monday, January 12, 2009

Thanks little buddy


This post goes out to Wyatt. My BFF here in NYC. The best buddy a gal could ask for. Wyatt, you hang out with me all day, making treats, taking naps, watching Ellen... you are a great listener and most importantly you like to stroll up and down 3rd ave with me. This just so happens to be our favorite thing to do together. Wyatt begs me to wrap him up like a burrito and put him in his stroller so that we can strut up and down 3rd. Listening to the Mamma Mia soundtrack of course(thanks mom), and feeling totally awesome. We pretend like we have lived here for years. And on our way back home we say hello to the nice man who has the Halal food stand on the corner and wish that we were brave enough to try his delicious smelling, but questionable cuisine. Then as we start to get back in our 'hood we put on our game face so that nobody messes with us while we politely book it past the half way house making it safely home. We always have a blast, how could you not when you are tagging along with such a party animal! You are great Wyatt.

Love, your Mommy

10 comments:

Kjohnson said...

Okay this post is seriously adorable. At some points I was laughing and some points I wanted to cry. No one can tug at my heart strings the way you can Illjay. It is very precious that you and Wyatt have each other and you guys look like you have lots of fun.

Sine family said...

fun blog. I'm totally adding you to my blog daily reads.

Tiffany said...

that was cute. And I still can't believe you live in NYC with a small child. You are a brave Mom! Good luck with the halfway house gig...

k. said...

Definitely try the halal food. It's one of my favorite sidewalk meals in NYC - although I suppose you have to know your vendor.

Nevermind. It might be scary.

Don't get it from them. We'll have to take you to our favorite midtown spot sometime... it always has a line around the block, so it can't be questionable.

Eve said...

Jillie, that blog was darling. You'll have to save it for Wyatt so he can read it later. He is the sweetest baby and we love him so much, you too! We all miss you
Mom

Alifinale said...

Sounds like the best buddy ever. I dare you to try the freaky food though.

Jill said...

hey jill. :) thanks for commenting! its fun to find friend's blogs. that is hilarious about k's blog.

Beeta said...

This post is awesome. I'm glad you're enjoying the big city and your little guy. Sounds like fun/adventurous times!

Shelly Bean said...

wyatt is so awesome

s.lloyd said...

Not to burst your bubble, but Wyatt really likes watching College Football and BBall with his dad on the couch, in his undies, with chips and fries spilled all over the place!