Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Motivation

My stomach jiggling as I'm running on the treadmill. What else could make you want to keep going than the feeling of your fat moving up and down?! It might as well have been slapping me in the face.

And this power jam. I listened to this for the last mile over and over again. And was doing punches in the air. All by myself. It was awesome.



For Mother's Day, Sean got me a pair of running shoes. I told him while I was pregnant with Wyatt that once I had him, and we moved to NY, I was going to train for a Marathon. :) Well I think we all know that I won't be running a Marathon any time soon. But maybe one day? I think for now my goal should maybe be a 5K, then I can shoot for a 10K and then maybe a 1/2 Marathon would be next on the list? Goals people, these are goals. But for now...I'll just focus on building up my endurance. Wish me luck.

8 comments:

Erin K said...

Good luck!!! Mike keeps dropping hints to me to start getting active, like "WE should do this together", or "WE should eat more healthy". I can see right through him.

k. said...

Ooh! You could do the NYC half marathon with me in August! That's doable. :)

Alifinale said...

Way to go Jill! My friend runs and I decided to start going with her as my tummy fat slapped me in the face. When I told Brian that he laughed at me. I am patting myself on the back for the 1.5 mile run I just did so your aspirations for a marathon is very impressive to me.

lisset said...

me and running don't really jive so i guess i'm destined for a lifetime of face-slapping belly fat, but kudos to you! seriously. people who run are like mini heroes.

Therena Taylor & Family said...

Wow, that takes courage!!! Chris and Becca talked me into doing the 10k mud run in October and I'm scared!! But a marathon, good luck!!!:)

Sine family said...

Oh I'm in and need some motivation to start training.

erin said...

this is a sweet, sweet jam. fox is feeling it... doing a little bobbing. yah, last time i ran i felt my legs jiggling, and that just made me depressed. what happened to yoga, jill? is it dying a little?

Robyn said...

Jill you do not have a jiggly tummy! I do not want to hear that kind of negative talk. But I am proud of you for starting the running thing. You tell Sean if he really knows somebody in St.George who can give us a place to stay I would love to be hooked up.