Sunday, June 13, 2010

Palmyra- Stop 3

The Sacred Grove was awesome. We were able to go through both of Joseph Smith's houses, check out the farm, and visit the Grove. We were also able to see the Temple (that peeks through the top of the trees) and the Hill Cumorah. Maybe one year we will get to go to the pageant there...

Wyatt was a maniac. He was running through Joseph Smith's house, just making himself comfortable on all of the original furniture that was gated off for a reason. I'm sure everyone wanted to excommunicate us.

2 comments:

k. said...

Whoa whoa whoa. I'm overwhelmed by your sudden blogging surge. Let me catch my breath...

We went to pageant a few years ago. It was one of the weirdest cultural experiences I've ever had. Seriously. I probably shouldn't publish any of my real thoughts, but Mike put it best - "Kathryn, these are what NORMAL Mormons look like." Like, middle America not-in-an-urban-city Mormons. It was really strange. Think lots of long braids & 14 passenger vans.

blah, blah by lindsey said...

ummm, why weren't you watching your kid?