For the first time in years I received a traffic violation. I was running late for work and I was taking the short cut so I could bypass all of the construction that is going on by my house. Apparently I was not the only clever one who new about this short cut, and there had been several people taking advantage of this residential side street. So as I was halling A (and by that I mean going 42) in a 30mph zone I then realized that I was driving right by a police car parked on the side of the road in plain view. First of all, I'm a moron. He was sitting right there for everyone to see and I deserved to be pulled over right then and there. So, I immediately pulled over and began looking for my registration. The police man was very friendly and let me know that because of the excess traffic through the neighborhood, they had received a lot of complaints and were going to be monitoring the street during the construction. He knocked my speed down so my ticket wouldn't be quite as expensive and then sent me on my way. So now it was up to me on whether or not I was going to just pay the ticket and risk having my insurance go up, or I could attend driving school. I chose to take the class.
I just finished the 3hr class (a heck of a lot better than AZ's 7hr? class) and am now reflecting on how awesome and sucky it was. Here's why:
1. There was the loud mouth guy with the hookers for hire sweatshirt on that wouldn't shut up the entire time who kept making HILARIOUS comments through out the class. Then peeled out of the parking lot after.
2. There was the older gentlemen who was pissed because he got caught speeding and continued to heckle the nice officer saying that they just had to fill their quota for the month and that is why he got a ticket. And that they just wanted to make money off him (I actually thought that officers did have a quota to fill and that at the end of the month is when most tickets were given. The officer let us know that they do not have any kind of quota that they have to meet. There really is no need bc people are such crappy drivers there is always someone to pull over).
3. There was the mom who thought it was appropriate to bring her day care to class with her (she had 3 little girls who were all under the age of 4 with her playing on the floor, screaming and crying the majority of the time).
4. There was the brown noser who kept trying to kiss the officers butt the whole time by saying "I just wish everyone would drive 5mph under the speed limit so that we could all be safer and more alert drivers".
5. There was the white trash lady with her juvenile delinquent son out in the hallway screaming at her 5 year old, telling her that if she didn't sit down she would be arrested.
6. There was the nice officer who showed us scary pictures of car accidents and video of couples walking their baby, little girls riding their bikes, and a guy going on a jog that were killed by suicidal maniacs, drunk drivers and morons.
7. I also learned that if everyone pulls up to a 4 way stop at the same time, whoever guns it first has the right of way. Good to know.
I think that about covers it.
4 years ago