Saturday, March 21, 2009

Chamber Magic!


For Sean's birthday, my Mom and Dad got us tickets to see Steve Cohen's "Chamber Magic"! The show takes place at The Waldorf Astoria, where Steve performs card tricks, pours several of your favorite drinks out of the same tea pot (Sean sampled some kiwi strawberry snapple, someone else got chocolate milk, another had red wine, and the last was a Mojito!), he linked wedding rings together and read minds! He guessed that Sean had lived in Portugal, along with birthdays, anniversaries, he guessed that a guy had some kind of deformity on his chest and that he was thinking of the number "3"(the guy happened to have 3 nipples. awesome.), and the list goes on and on. It was soooooo fun. Thanks again Mom and Dad for the tickets. It was a blast!

We also happened to come upon a filming taking place just outside the hotel which I was hoping to be the set of Gossip Girl. I was a little disappointed when I found out that they were filming "Salt", a new movie coming out next summer which we later found out is starring Angelina Jolie. One of these days I will track down that GG cast. Last I heard they were spotted in front of the Plaza Hotel.

5 comments:

s.lloyd said...

It really was an amazing show. You can watch some video of the tricks at his website: www.chambermagic.com. The most amazing trick was when he joined 3 wedding rings together and then took them apart. I really am going to go crazy because I cannot stop trying to figure out how he did it.

Kjohnson said...

Well Sean as you know, magicians never reveal their secrets. That show sounds pretty cool. I am glad you guys have been able to do some fun things while you're out there!

k. said...

Yay! I'm so glad you liked it. Wait, you liked it, right?? We loved it. So much fun, and it felt like such a glamourous thing to do. :)

Dustin and Melissa said...

I am so glad you enjoyed the show...how exciting! Thanks again for going out to brunch on Saturday. I had a wonderful time.

erin said...

maybe i'll try to do this for matt's birthday... i have to see this while we live here... sounds amazing.

i'm gonna do some google sniffing around to see if i can find anything about when and where gossip girl is going to film. this would be an EXCELLENT free activity.