Thursday, April 29, 2010

DOUGHNUT PLANT


I may or may not have polished off 5, that's right, 5, doughnuts today. Want me to name them? Ok. Tres Leches, Creme Brulee (2!), Black Out, Fresh Strawberry (bites) and Valrhona (bites). I don't even feel badly. Ok, maybe I do. But they were all soooo good. Especially the Creme Brulee! Carmelized sugar on top, vanilla bean custard inside? And I hate cream filled doughnuts. But this was something special.

Today Sean finished up at his rotation a little early, so we headed down to the Doughnut Plant. It's a good thing this place isn't closer, or I would be obese. We came home with a DOZEN doughnuts. Sean said there was no way he was going all the way down there for just one doughnut, so we went all out. If you are ever visiting NYC, be sure to stop by this little gem. Word on the street is they are opening one at Chelsea Hotel too!

We also saw Mark Israel (owner) just as we were heading inside. Did anyone see him on Bobby Flay's "Throwdown"? What an idiot.

6 comments:

Destenee said...

How the H do you stay so skiny? You have officially given this pregnant girl a craving that is physically IMOPOSSIBLE to fill...probably better that way though!

brooke said...

Um, one tres leches for me please. I wish I could've met that doughnut discoing freak show.. he was no fun at all.

erin said...

yeah, keep that place on the hard-to-reach lower east side. at least that way you have to earn your damn donuts.

Jen Olson Brown said...

Those look delicious!

Dustin and Melissa said...

Delish! I think I am going to have to make my way down to Doughnut Planet before we leave NYC!

Alifinale said...

My mouth is watering. I do remember seeing that on Throwdown...man, I wish we went there when we came. You are lucky lucky girl you stay so skinny with all these yummy treats. But I am proud of you for downing 5. I am sure I would have been right up there with ya.