Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Backpackin' Boy

I tried, I really tried. This backpack made me want to gouge my eyes out though. All I have to say is this: Wyatt, you better love this pack so much that you want to sleep with it, bath with it, and keep all of your most precious posessions in it, because even though it was probably the most basic sewing pattern known to man, it was a nightmare for me.

But I must say, the fabric is just about the raddest thing you have ever seen (even though Sean couldn't disagree more). He said "get something manly". Ok Sean, do helicopters and sunglasses (!) live up to your manly standards? No, apparently they don't.

Check it:



Picture courtesey of Sean's phone.

ps. Liz and Lisset, no wise cracks, your sewing skills exceed my own. Pattern found here.

8 comments:

k. said...

SO CUTE!! I can't believe you did it that fast! I mean seriously, you bought the fabric like 4 hours ago! You're amazing.

{lizzythebotanist} said...

i LOVE that fabric-what line is it? and i like the snap you added. maybe the interfacing did make a difference-i used pretty stiff interfacing because i wanted it to hold its shape and not flop around while haven tried to access the inside. either way, i think yours is adorable and i'm sure wyatt is going to love it to pieces (literally). good job!

Jill said...

liz, the fabric is by Echino Ni-Co. I bought it at purl. they don't have it on their website, but i found it for sale here:
http://www.superbuzzy.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=88_95_97&products_id=6236
http://www.superbuzzy.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=88_95_97&products_id=6224

Erin K said...

I've seen that fabric before. Love the echino stuff. Have you seen the one with the buses? And the bikes? so cute! Makes me want a boy.

erin said...

you made that in one day? we can't be friends anymore.

Eve said...

That's adorable! What do you mean, it looks very sturdy? He's going to love it and if your ever missing anything just look in there. Your very talented Jillie!!

mb said...

I hope he always wears it sans pants.

RS said...

You made that?! I love the fabrics. Dang, I wish I could sew!! I have to learn someday. Way to go. -Katie S