Friday, April 01, 2011

Spring. Hopefully.

Yesterday we went to the park with some friends. It was warm + sunny! We had a ball. We headed home for naps, and when Wyatt and Jude woke up, they were both red and hot. I kept taking their temperatures wondering why the thermometer was reading normal when clearly they had fevers. Then I realized this foreign pink coloring on my children's normally pasty white skin was a little sunburn. Apparently that is what happens when we finally get to leave our house and play outside (+ forget sunscreen). It's been a long winter.

5 comments:

brooke said...

the shirt is accenting the burn very nicely. he's such a cutie, i want to come play with him (them)(you all)

k. said...

Quinn got hot yesterday for the first time in his short life. Poor boy didn't know what to do with himself (nor did I).

Brandon & Natalie said...

So you should feel very flattered as I rarely look at blogs and you and Suzi's are usually the ones I look at...and after reviewing all that I missed the past several months I know why. You are quite the blogger and I feel as I if I am right next to you and your little darlings. I hope you are adjusting a little more to ID and enjoying your cute home. Hope to talk to you soon.!

Alifinale said...

Don't you just love the first sunny/warm day (I always forget sunscreen on those days too). Oh happy day! We went to the park the other day and not only forgot the sunscreen but also the swimsuits because the splash park was on and my kids just ran in fully clothed. Good times.

erin said...

my fat kids get that color if they take a slow jog around an air conditioned room.