Sunday, May 29, 2011

NYC

Sean and I took our very first vacation without Wyatt and Jude this past week. My little sister Aimee and her husband Brandon were nice enough to take almost an entire week off of work to come and play mom and dad for us! I was a little bit nervous to leave my babes for the first time. I typed up a "schedule" for A+B (it may or may not have been 4 pages long. Single spaced. With extended margins.). It was detailed. And I am OCD, so there may have been more information in said schedule than was needed, but whatever. Thank you to the Gurr's for taking such great care of our offspring. It really meant the world to us. And I'm pretty sure they had more fun with you two than they do with me everyday. You did good.


So while we were away, we enjoyed ourselves some NYC. We attended Sean's "big" graduation and were lucky enough to have both of our parents there with us! It meant a lot to us to be able to have them there and see Sean officially graduate. While they were in town were also able to go see the play Billy Elliot and afterwards Sean's steak dreams came true when we ate at Del Frisco's. So happy graduation to Sean! We love you, and are so proud.

A few other highlights from our trip included: Seeing some of our very favorite friends. Who we miss. A lot. Subway riding. Much needed walking. Having a slumber party with the Whitings. Going to a taping of Jimmy Fallon. Eating a ton of food. Eating a ton of food and eating A TON of food. Should I name a few of the places we ate at? Sure, why not. Shake Shack (4 times. You wouldn't think that would be possible in a 6 day period. But we made it happen. Don't judge me). La Esquina. Wafels & Dinges (2 times. Worth every calorie). Stand 5. Blue Smoke. The Meatball Shop. Dessert Truck. Dean & Deluca. Juniors. Serendipity (2 times. We are so gross). Some pizza place. Del Frisco's. Sprinkles. Did I go to the Doughnut Plant you ask? NO. Ask Sean and Kathryn why. 

So 10 (combined) extra poundage and 6 days later, Sean and I are home. And happy to see our boys. And missing NYC....again.









Pictures by Kathryn + Sean's phone.

12 comments:

Kim said...

ahhh, it sounds like a ridiculously fantastic trip! Congratulations again, Sean!

Brit Warner said...

That looks like an awesome trip. It is making me a little stir crazy!

Erin K said...

So jealous. A trip without the kiddies...ahhh one can only dream. Glad you had fun!!! Congrats Sean!

Jessica Newby said...

oh so happy for you guys!!!

Emily and Ethan said...

looks like such a fun trip! great pictures. I can't wait to hear more about it.

mb said...

seriously, keep eating because you look crazy skinny.

aimee said...

We loved every minute watching your kids. We are having Mickey mouse clubhouse withdrawals. And I miss those boys!!!

Amy said...

It looks like you had such a fun trip! Congrats to Sean! Loved the pictures.

k. said...

Yes, yes. I'm with MB. You could stand to eat a few more Shack Burgers. Maybe I'll ship them to you.

The sad part is that I ate at like 60% of those places with you, & I DO NOT need extra Shack Burgers. Sigh.

When's your next trip to NYC? Soon.

erin said...

feel free to delete this post in case it will offend your noble readers, but i just have to say it...

this post could really make me feel like garbage if i let it. you effin jew.

why couldn't our trips overlap? it's a cruel world.

xox

Jill said...

I loved this post, and examined every photo, because its NY & my favorite peoples. Congrats to Sean on the graduation, so good. I loved seeing all the pics and I think I may die inside if I don't get back to NYC soon.

the waites said...

so many posts, I cant even handle. I love all these NY pics, I want a romantic getaway:) That involves really good food. You look darling as ever, I love your skirt. Killer. I love that your little boys are so grown up! I really think Jude looks more like you the older they get.

How is it having a pay check??? :)