Sunday, September 25, 2011

3 years

Wyatt turned 3 on July 31st. We had a little Birthday party for him with just a couple of his buddies. He requested that he have a "Cars" party. So that is just what he got. Sean and I made them cardboard box cars. We played a "stop-go-slow" game. They were bored out of their minds. So we moved on to frosting mini cakes and opening presents. Later that night, around 11:30pm, he was still playing around in his room. I went in and told him that it was time for him to go to bed. His reply: "I'm just too happy!" So I think he had a good day. We love you, Wyatt!






ps. Why do I have that purple shirt on in every.single.picture. Clearly I need to start mixing things up a bit in the wardrobe dept.

12 comments:

Kris said...

Jill, you are gorgeous. We miss you here! Happy Birthday to Wyatt (a few months ago). Can't believe he is 3.

the waites said...

you are such a crafter, i love it! Seriously though this was such a cute idea! Wow 3.. GOod luck with that, myles was the hardest at 3

the hair- jill its phenomenal to say the least. You always had killer hair. Why dont you curl it more?? you can go weeks with out wash:)

blah, blah by lindsey said...

First off...love the cars!! Second, you look fabulous! Wish we could've been there.

Ogden Family said...

Fun birthday party! Kids only really want cake and presents, and the rest is for us parents who love the frills (: Great job Jill.

Heather

Brit Warner said...

That looks so awesome! I love the cars. It is funny to see Abbie in your pictures. I am glad they are buddies :)

Emily and Ethan said...

Love the pictures Jill, and I love the shirt. Don't worry you don't wear it all the time.

I love the birthday picnic idea. You have such a cute family

k. said...

I love that shirt! And you ARE gorgeous. And I love that Wyatt stayed up so late because he was just SO. HAPPY. Of course.

erin said...

i want your shirt. so please tell me where you got it so i can copy you.

yeah, you look amazing.

and wyatt being "so excited?" that's the most heartwarming thing i've heard all month.

Kassie said...

very cool cars, so crafty. and i love what you said about them being bored out of their minds, no matter what age they are and what you plan, birthday parties never live up to their expectation. and to save time clicking, your previous post about the fair was heelarious ;)

aimee said...

I love Wyatt. I hope he misses me...

aimee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
brooke said...

wyatt is totally flirting with that little girl! he's growing up so fast. your hair looks radiant