Tuesday, September 13, 2011

"Preschool, here we come!"

Here are a few pictures from Wyatt's first week at preschool. Grandma Eve was able to be there for his first day at school. It was extra special!

My main concern: He had to be "fully potty trained" to start preschool.  Which apparently means he has to be able to walk upstairs and down the hall to the bathroom. Take his clothes off (he insists on removing everything except his shirt), and put them back on. Wash his hands, dry off etc. etc. Then make his way back downstairs to his classroom. All by himself.* (Weird?) So we are working on that. I'm trying to make the whole process easier for him (mainly the dressing part)....so I'm on the lookout for shorts that have a stretchy waist and no buttons/snaps/zippers that don't make him look like a complete dork. Any suggestions?

* Today his teacher found him in the hall, just casually getting a drink from the water fountain. Shorts and underwear around his ankles. Classy, Wyatt.



And here is what is going on at home while Wyatt is in school. Fun.

11 comments:

Brit Warner said...

hahaha.. That is so awesome! I have the same fear for Zoey.

mb said...

I just died over that last picture.

also, wyatt is like 13 years old. what is happening?

Jennifer Brailsford said...

Can you believe our kids are going to preschool now?! Crazy.

the waites said...

ha! I loved this. First day of school, nothing better. Im going to see baby Wes tomorrow, wish you were coming with me. When are you coming to visit?? are you on Pintrest?

erin said...

they won't even help button his shorts? who are these people?? most 7th graders can't fully handle themselves in the bathroom. wyatt is so cute. and so are you.

i think i love jude. he's saving himself for indie, right?

blah, blah by lindsey said...

he is such a big boy!!! i love jude's bum (in a noncreepy way)

brooke said...

i think sean knows where to find some stretchy waist pants

Alifinale said...

I think the potty rules are a bit much for 3 year olds. But Wyatt is such a big boy! So exciting!

Ogden Family said...

You are so normal that it is refreshing! I just laughed at it all.
Thanks for making me smile,
Heather

k. said...

Wait, you made his backpack, didn't you? You're such a jerk. Why are we even friends?! I love it. And his car tshirt (I have that for Q if he ever decides to grow a little so it will fit).

I'm so proud of Wyatt for going pants-less in the hallway. That's amazing.

Jill said...

You MADE his backpack? >>>whoa! post about that please. I love Wyatts's funny ways, and I'm looking at you for ideas on dressing boys too. Turns out its hard to find suitable options right? (read: not a lot of $ and not plastered with sports logos, characters, etc.) I thought all of the princess gear was rough but this might be a bigger challenge.