Saturday, March 07, 2009

By popular demand

Snickerdoodles


Sorry Suzi, I told you that you should be able to find this recipe on Martha's site, but when I did a search for Snickerdoodles it gave me a different one. So...here is the recipe I used. From my favorite cookie cookbook of course.

2 3/4 c. all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. (2 sticks) butter, room temp.
1 1/2 c. plus 2 Tbl. sugar
2 large eggs
2 tsp. ground cinnamon

1. Preheat oven to 350. Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt into a bowl. Put butter and 1 1/2 c. sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix on medium speed until pale and fluffy, about 3 min (don't cheat). Mix in eggs (I add mine 1 at a time, mixing thoroughly between each addition). Reduce speed to low; gradually mix in flour mixture.

2. Stir together cinnamon and remaining 2 Tbl. sugar in a small bowl. Shape dough into twenty 1 3/4 in. balls; roll in cinnamon sugar. Space 3 in. apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.

3. Bake cookies until edges are golden (or until I saw little cracks on some of the cookies). About 13 min for me. Cookies can be stored between layers of parchment in airtight containers at room temp. up to 3 days.

Enjoy, these beauts are delish. And I don't even really like Snickerdoodles!

2 comments:

k. said...

These cookies make my heart happy. Seriously.

Suzi said...

Thanks for posting-I can't wait to make them!