Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Little Red Lighthouse


We walked to the subway, and down the stairs, on to the subway we went.... up/down more stairs, under the bridge, through the homeless community, around the gang/construction workers (I must admit, at this point I was a little scared for my life), through the tunnel, THEN through the woods, and down more stairs to the Little Red Lighthouse....

You can read all about said Lighthouse here.

The trip was a long and tiring one. But it was fun. Most of the time :) I think the mid afternoon "snack" at Shake Shack (after we got on the wrong subway home and went way past our stop, then had to head back uptown) was well deserved.





It was obviously time to go home at this point.


And a big thanks to Kathryn who made several trips up and down stairs assisting with the strollers (and for the pictures).

ps. Did I mention that we saw Kelly Ripa on our way home?! Oh what a day.

6 comments:

k. said...

You forgot to mention that there were lots, & lots, & lots, & lots of stairs. Not that I minded, but man, it was kind of a trek getting up there. And today my bug bites are really itchy, but at least we didn't get stabbed! Seriously, it was a bit questionable at times.

Good times.

lisset said...

that is one hardworking stroller!

Eve said...

What a day!! It's impressive that you guys go to such lengths to sight see around that amazing city! You'll have such great memories. Expect the parts where you were almost killed! Mom

Stizz said...

Sounds like an interesting trip...a bit scary, but interesting. :) And how fun to see Kelly, but I really enjoyed the picture with the construction workers. lol :)

Abbie said...

Thanks for making the trek up here. Sorry about the hike down - totally my fault.

Now that we've hung out twice, I think we should be bloggin' friends too.

Hayley said...

Wow- having kids in NYC is a whole lot of work! and Kelly Ripa? Is she just as skinny in person? Hope you are feeling good!!