Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Lately

We have been really, really busy. Not really. We have just been at home. Eating a ton of Valentine's Day candy and watching Jude face plant a dozen or so times a day. He really fancies himself walking, but tends to over-estimate his bipedal abilities, which then causes him to eat it. Constantly. I will be surprised if he makes it through his 2nd year of life with a full set of teeth.

Oh, and we have really had a ball playing in the toilet. Apparently it is Wyatt and Jude's favorite new discovery. I guess nothing beats unraveling an entire roll of toilet paper, letting it fill up the bowl, and then flushing it. However, I think their favorite part of this activity is watching me frantically plunge the crap out of said bowl in hopes that I can avoid major spillage. It's a good time.

Yesterday Wyatt thought he would mix it up a bit and take a cup, scoop up a nice helping of toilet water, laced with feces, and take a swig. I almost called Poison Control.

Maybe I should just watch my kids instead of blogging?

Don't they look sweet?!


And yes, this is the best picture I could get. After about 4,789 attempts. I give up.

10 comments:

{lizzythebotanist} said...

funny, i just came to the blogosphere to escape my frustration after using every single towel we own to soak up the spillage in haven's bathroom where she apparently tried to flush an entire package of wipes. here's a tip if it ever gets to almost spillage or starts to spill over: turn the water line off! it's the little knob on the wall under the toilet-turn it to the right & save the day!

you've sure got your hands full with those two cute boys!

Kim said...

I'm pretty sure I'm going to vomit. Does that sweet face want a swig of that too? Remind me not to kiss him next time I see him.

Erin K said...

yum yum. this is so funny because my friend was just telling me about all the things her two year old daughter does and i'm always wondering where she is during all of this. haha.

mb said...

I just puked a little.

but they ARE cute.

Alifinale said...

Oh the joys of motherhood. Good thing those boys are so super cute, makes the toilet trouble almost bearable. You are my hero.

Kristy said...

Jill!!! Ohhh my gosh! You make me almost grateful I just have dogs haha! It is a good thing those boys are so cute!

(btw, the word I have to type to prove I'm a person is "clogica" and I found that appropriate.)

Kjohnson said...

It's not the toilet incident that concerns me. I'm going to be honest. It's the pink stroller? Why do you guys own that?

Robyn said...

Yeah, Jack has eaten a dead fly and his own poop. Sam licked the urinal cake in the men's toilet at the Discovery Children's Museum (I did call poison control) and has also sampled his own poop. I don't think two year old boys can graduate until they taste their own poop. Oh and I had to stop Sam filling the toilet with paper today. I look forward to another one. :)

Julie Lloyd said...

Wahahahaha! I think this is the best blog entry I've ever read. I can't stop laughing. And I would still kiss your awesome little boys. I wish we lived closer :)

Katie S said...

I was thinking about how Wyatt is only 4 months older than Will, but you also have a 1 year old and I am not even pregnant with number 2 :) I don't know if I could do what you do! Haha, but those boys are gonna love growing up as little accomplices. You might not love it quite as much ;) But it almost makes me wish Will had a little partner in crime.